Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Homekeeping Handbook


I recieved the encyclopedia sized Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook for my bridal shower, and have only consulted it once when we were moving I think so I could see her recommendations for packing boxes. I cracked it open today as I have been hit with the reality that our house is pretty much a disaster area. I say this with love and complete honesty - I live with a man who cannot a.) clean super well, b.) is a pack-rat (which comes from his mom, who never tires of loading us up with more junk which I then have to dispose of - it's exhausting!!) and c.) self-admittedly never learned how to organize, though I think he's just missing the gene. :) I am no super-duper clean freak either, though I have my moments and can be quite organized before it falls apart again - blame it on the A.D.D - yeah girls get it too apparently. It can be just exhausting to clean up after two people. Anywho, I got out the ol' Homekeeping Handbook for some tips (the whole book is tips) and am in the middle of a fall cleaning spree. It feels good. Now if the house can just stay clean...

3 comments:

  1. I found you through Natalie Hills Blog "Mormon in Manhattan" I just wanted to let you know I have started a blog for her father named "Prayers for Daddy Hill" Please stop by and become a blog follower and make sure you leave a "get well" comment for Daddy Hill!

    http://prayersfordaddyhill.blogspot.com

    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been a HUGE fan of Martha Stewart ever since I was little. My mother wrote and she sent me a picture signed with a note for my wedding! I hung it up in my kitchen. My mother also gave me this book for my bridal shower, I call it the BIBLE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alycia we are too much alike lol! I haven't made it through the whole book yet - because it would take a year or so - but I love the parts that I have read. Super helpful. Great gift for anyone. My mother in law actually went out and bought herself one after she saw mine at my shower!

    ReplyDelete